Monday, April 23, 2007

The birthday surprise

''Tomorrow is Mother's birthday,'' I exclaimed. I was casually flipping through the calender when I realised that her birthday was upon us. My brothers and I got really excited for her birthday is the only time of the year, aside from Mother's Day, that we get to make up for all the naughty things we've done for the rest of the year. We decided to plan a birthday surprise for her unlike the previous years when all she had ever had were simple dinners at some fancy restaurant. As Dad was away on a business trip, it was the perfect chance for the three boys in the house to try play the part of men in the house.

We brainstormed for ideas and decided that we liked mine best. Eldest brother quickly delegated our duties and we got down to serious business immediately. However, in the midst of our planning, mum came home from work. All three of us jumped to our respective study tables and pretended to bury our noses into our books. I could hardly contain my excitement. I could not wait to see the look on her face the next day.

The front door being slammed shut woke me up early the next morning. I knew Mum had left for work. Instantly I jumped out of bed to wake the two lazy pigs up. Their faces glowed instantly, excited that the plan was about to kick in. An hour later, we were well on our way to buy Mum's favourite cake with our own savings. It was a lovely chocolate fudge cake that was rich with cream and laced with the most delicious tropical fruits. I could almost hear brother's stomach growl.

By 6pm that evening, all preparations had been done and I must say that we worked together really well. Everything was in place as planned and there was hardly a squabble. Mum would have been proud. Soon, noises could be heard at our front door and we knew Mum was home. Everyone hid behind the door and the moment she walked in, we jumped out and yelled "Surprise" at the top of our voices. Mum was really surprised. She was trembling with excitement as we led her to the dining table, where her cake lay in wait.

I could almost guess what her wish was for just seconds after she blew the candle out, Dad appeared at the front door! He was back from his business trip two weeks early and was in time to share the cake with us! That surprised us all! By now, Mum was in tears. She exclaimed that it was the best birthday she had ever had. I am so proud of my brothers and myself. We had cooperated well and played a part in Mum's most memorable day.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Job for the writer who did this I would give full marks

sher_nxya said...

wow this really helped me thanks so much

Unknown said...

is dis copyright cuz i want to cop[y it for my english comp about a surprise



Unknown said...

IDK

Unknown said...

Lol

Unknown said...

Lol

Unknown said...

best compo just WOW

anonymous said...

lol I copied but modified it a bit and used for my English compo on an emotional momentXD

Unknown said...

no copyright

Unknown said...

I’m copying it too but with slight adjustments to it

Unknown said...

And you could ass some good phrases inside like
On cloud nine,the top dog,as proud as a peacock(I’m listing randomly),ants in his pants,a wild goose chase and many more!

Unknown said...

It helped me in my exams

Unknown said...

True

Unknown said...

Ya me too

Unknown said...

lol i copied

Unknown said...

It really helped me. I used this compo essay as an example/guide for my composition. And I did some adjustments to it. My teacher gave me full marks for this compo. I was very happy.. Thanks to the writer who did such an amazing performance in the compo

Nil said...

BRuh

Unknown said...

Hai

Unknown said...

go commit E

Unknown said...

go commit death-pacito

Anonymous said...

Haiz this is not what i need for meh compo!!

my new discovery said...

And by the way it is not got excited it is was excited



my new discovery said...

Good job Jun hao

Unknown said...

Same lol

Unknown said...

its publish in 2007 ya he isnt able to reply